- "Fight Another Day" by sholio (PG, ~1K words, Duncan and Methos and Amanda). Duncan loses a hand (as Xavier St. Cloud did) and holds on to his honor.
- "Watcher" by elistaire (G, 320 words, Joe, implied Duncan/Tessa). It's the '80s. As Joe watches Duncan, he also gets to know Tessa.
- "Next Time, Buy a Ferrari" by medie (PG, ~2K words, Methos and Connor and Heather, implied Connor/Heather). What if Methos, rather than Ramirez, had taught Connor?
- "Convent Mouse" by elistaire (G, ~2K words, original character, Methos, implied Methos/Alexa). This predator and this prey... are both survivors.
- "Spring" by devohoneybee (G, 69 words, Methos). A poem.
This little Highlander Christmas story is not for any fest or ficathon. It's just because. My thanks to batdina for beta-reading, and to celli for Chicago-checking. As always, constructive criticism is welcome.
|•||Title:||"Comes but Once a Year" (also on AO3)|
|•||Characters:||Starring Joe Dawson. Also with Lynn Horton and other relatives.|
|•||Summary:||Joe babysits his sleepy niece on Christmas Eve 1978.|
|•||Quotation:||"For ten years, Joe had gotten fairly sedate, settled assignments, and it wasn’t like he didn’t know why. But that was about to change, he told himself."|
This is the Highlander story that I wrote for the Summer 2010 oldschoolfic event. My thanks to karrenia_rune for the prompt, and to batdina for the beta-reading. (As always, constructive criticism is welcome.)
I'd never written Charlie DeSalvo before, and I'm not sure that I'd ever read a story from Charlie's perspective, either. When I looked for screenshots from which to make an icon to go with this story on the ficathon, I found only half a dozen unique images of Charlie on the entire Internet. It's curious. He really is a significant character, if not as significant as some.
|•||Title:||"Present Company" (also on AO3)|
|•||Characters:||Starring Charlie. Also with Richie, Randi, Duncan and Joe.|
|•||Summary:||Charlie has a lot on his mind when Duncan finally returns to Seacouver.|
|•||Quotation:||"Charlie thought again about legitimate reasons that a stranger might have popped up like this -- and about how very little he wanted to end up charged with assault -- but the weight in the man's right hand inside his pocket skewed the odds."|
I wrote these Highlander snippets in my notebook back when I used to take the train to work. There are two ripped-out pages between them; I don't remember why I ripped them out.
|•||Summary:||Just two unrelated snatches of dialogue.|
|•||Setting:||Unspecified, after third-season|
|•||Characters:||Duncan, Methos and Joe|