brightknightie: Woman typing in an office with other women around her , 1930s (Fanfic workout)
Amy ([personal profile] brightknightie) wrote2026-08-05 07:59 am
Entry tags:

FriendshipEx seeks pinch-hits out of the box

[community profile] friendshipex has sent its assignments (due August 25 for reveal September 8). It has also posted its first batch of 8 pinch-hits on [community profile] pinchhits (also due August 25).

That surprised me. The rules said that unmatchable sign-ups would be deleted. I see now that they meant "unmatchable" in one direction only, which makes sense, but is not what I thought I read.

zavodilaterrarium: Maomao looking over her shoulder at the camera. (Maomao Neutral)

[personal profile] zavodilaterrarium 2026-08-05 03:14 pm (UTC)(link)
That's not what I expected either! Interesting.
senmut: two hands meeting around a jeweled ring, the words say Doomed by the Narrative (Default)

[personal profile] senmut 2026-08-06 12:54 am (UTC)(link)
It's becoming usual to delete any writers who cannot match to a story. But a lot of exchanges, the way they have to juggle potential matches, will wind up with pinch hits where there WAS a writer who had offered, but that writer got tagged to a different match first.
zavodilaterrarium: Aya invested in the topic. (Aya Yap)

[personal profile] zavodilaterrarium 2026-08-08 05:05 pm (UTC)(link)
Makes sense!